Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My shoes have been to cool places!

Prior to two years ago, my shoes hadn't been to very many places. The store. The kids' school. Occasionally, but not often, the mall. Maybe a few family trips here and there.



But now?

Now my shoes have been all over the world. South Korea, Washington, Idaho, South Korea again, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii...plenty of sandy places that I never thought someone like me would ever go. Plenty of places I'd prefer not to go back to. The hospital, an operating room, a recovery room...

Ok, it just occurred to me that I didn't wear shoes in those last two places, but I suppose I was speaking metaphorically.



Honestly, I am enjoying this new phase of life...taking my shoes to new and exciting places. But I am also really stoked to go back to America, and take my shoes back to a normal life. With a normal house. And a normal yard. And a normal routine for my cool family. This expat adventure has been real, but I am looking forward to going back to my good ol' predictable "Murican life.

Who knows where we'll wind up when we go back?

Maybe my shoes will go back to the terrain they're used to...



Maybe my husband's job will take us to new places?





I don't know. Either way, as long as I have my husband and kids, I'm golden. And so are my shoes.

Where have YOUR shoes been?

xoxo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment