Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy Anniversary to my nerd.

Eleven years ago, I married my handsome, nerdy husband. He came into my (our) lives and loved me (us) from day one. He jokes that half the reason he married me was because he'd fallen in love with my two young children, too. We became a family before anything was official, and we've been going strong ever since.

















(Don't worry. It's all me in all the couples shots. Wigs, remember?)

We got married on a Tuesday night, just two days after Christmas. We didn't make a big deal out of it. Just went to our church and got hitched. Only a few people were there. Nobody from either of our families. And that was okay. It was just perfect.

He's my very best friend. I married up, and I know it. He loves our four kids utterly and completely, and he leads our family with patience, righteousness, and honor. He treats me like a treasure, and really, isn't that what every wife wants?? They don't make men like that anymore. I'm grateful I snagged him.

Happy Anniversary, old man.

xoxo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment