Sunday, September 4, 2016

ECWC 2016

This October, I am presenting a workshop at my favorite romance writers conference in the northwestern area of the United States (where I'm from,) called the Emerald City Writer's Conference. This was the first writers conference I ever attended 6 or 7 years ago, and the place where I met some of my favorite author friends.



I'm equal parts excited and nervous to be doing a workshop. I've proposed workshops before (mostly to save on the cost of the conference fee) but I've always been turned down. Except this year. This year, my proposal was chosen. Squeeee!

It's called: The Art of Writing Romantic Comedy: It's No Laughing Matter!

Who knows if I will achieve what I'm setting out to do. Some days I'm funny, other days I'm just a spaz. I haven't started writing it or working on my Power Point yet. I'll do it when October arrives. If I do it too far ahead--which is always my natural reaction, to write it all now so it's not hanging over my head--then it feels stale by the time I present it. This way, it will (hopefully) be fresh.

However, I do have all of my outfits planned out. Thanks to Zulily and some fantastic wigs. But the actual lesson I'm presenting? Nope. Not yet. I'm feeling somewhat hysterical about traveling back to the USA without my family. That feels daunting. But I know I can do it. I have friends who do it all the time...plus, this is just another opportunity for me to gather food and supplies that we'll be needing in South Korea for the year. (i.e. Peanut Butter Cups, Ranch packets, and Crystal Light.)



Are any of you going to be attending ECWC this year? If not, where are you going? What conferences are on your docket this year?

Wish me luck!

xoxo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment