Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Daydreaming.

Since selling our home and moving abroad, I spend a lot of my time daydreaming about the kind of home I will  (or want to) have when we move back stateside. I know, I know. It's silly and indulgent and selfish to daydream about things as materialistic as houses, yards, and stairwells....

Most of the time I focus on my kids. Getting them through this experience, getting them through school, keeping their heads above water, etc. The same for my husband. I try to focus on his life being pleasant during the rare times he isn't working. But occasionally.......

I imagine what my home in the USA in just less than 2 years (fingers crossed!) will look like. I can't help it. And Pinterest doesn't help at all, I'll have you know. They make it even easier to daydream about my next home.

Sometimes I think about a giant restored farmhouse...



Other times I envision a large, modern home with lots of windows and weird angles...



Most of the time I see myself in a mid-century modern style home....



On the inside I think I'd like dark, wide plank wood floors...



Or possibly lush, plush, soft carpeting (I don't care about germs or dog hairs...it's my fantasy, which means those things don't exist)...



Or my favorite, polished cement floors...



I imagine a colorful, restored kitchen full of nick-nacks and vintage pieces...



Other times I want a streamlined, modern IKEA style kitchen (so clean!)...



Then occasionally, I envision myself cooking in a kitchen that is all things modern and classic all rolled into one...



I also obsess over farm tables with mismatched chairs and chandeliers... all. over. the. freaking. place.






I actually had one like this in my old house in America. Le sigh...


And wallpaper. Frankly, I know that wallpaper is a redecorating nightmare, but it's so incredible. Just lush and expressive and exquisite.


Dead. Died. This wallpaper actually killed me, it's so cute. I must have. Not sure I can convince my husband, but hey, I'll definitely try.






And yards. So help me, as I sit in our high rise apartment in South Korea with four children and a dog, I cannot help but fantasize about yards. Big, green, private yards with mature trees...





I actually gasped when I saw this one. 


What do you fantasize about?

xoxo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment