Saturday, August 13, 2016

Books I love....

I read a few books this summer, and wanted to share them with you...

(Mostly because I love it when my friends read the same books as me, and like them as much as I did. No pressure, though....books are subjective.)

But still, they're great. You've GOTTA read them. This is fact.

Check them out...

Here's what I finished over my time in the USA this year:

1.) Dumplin', by Julie Murphy



***I freaking loved this book. I consumed this book. It's honest, unapologetic, funny, sweet, and witty. Get it. You'll thank me.

2.) What I Thought Was True, by Huntley Fitzpatrick



***Seriously, is there anything Huntley Fitzpatrick can't do? Seriously, she could write a phone book, and I would own two copies.

3.) Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes



***I know, I know....I was late to the party on this one. But that aside, it was SO GOOD. I haven't seen the movie yet. I missed the chance to see it in South Korea before I went to the USA, and then it was out of theaters when I arrived. Now I'm back in the ROK, and waiting for it to come out on video...

4.) After You, by Jojo Moyes



***Not as good as the first, but a great follow up. Plus, the hero character is dreamy. So there's that.

5.) Wildflower, by Drew Barrymore



***Drew Barrymore is one of those actresses that I've always followed. We sort of grew up together (in my mind) and I've always rooted for her, even in the 90's when she was naked all the time. This was a good book. Very sweet and honest. I wish it'd been longer.

6.) Kisses on a Paper Airplane, by Sarah Vance-Tompkins



***I love a cute YA book. I really do. This is no exception. Cute, sweet, fun, and totally every teenager/young adults' dream scenario!


What are you all reading right now? I really, really want to read some more biographies/memoirs. Do you have any to recommend?

Share now! Throw me a bone, friends!

xoxo
Brooke




No comments:

Post a Comment