Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It's NOVEMBER!





It's November, and I am an author......therefore I am subjecting myself to NaNoWriMo. Why? I have no idea. Probably because I am a glutton for punishment. And because I need to get a book written. Stat.


No big deal, right? 50,000 words in 30 days is entirely possible. I can do this. Right?

So why do I feel like this?


Pressure. So. Much. Pressure.


There are certain things I feel perfectly capable of. Overeating? Yes, I can do that. I try not to, but I can do it. This is fact. Being loud? Yes. I'm loud. This is fact, as well. Writing a good book? Yup. I can do it. But can I do it in 1 month? Egads! I have no idea!

Although........me? Backing down from a challenge? Not exactly my style. In fact, I tend to go b*lls to the wall when I am challenged. Maybe I CAN write 50K words in 1 month!


To quote my husband...."Are you sure you're up for this? This is going to mean a lot of take out meals, isn't it?"

To which I respond:


And so.....

The supplies and rations have been stockpiles. The children and husband have been warned. The internet has been turned off. Facebook has been blocked (not really) and I am focused. I will write a book in 30 days. I will finish a novel for NaNoWriMo. I will. Watch me!

Of course.....the next few days will be filled with moments like this:


And this:


And ESPECIALLY this:


And when I look at my laptop, I will likely feel like this:


But I WILL persevere in this manner:


Minus the beard.

(Though I may have to stop once in a while to do this for a moment or two.)


Because every time I feel like stopping so I can get ready for the upcoming holidays, I need to remind myself to stay focused. Don't lose sight of my end goal!


Though there are moments when I feel like this is accurate:


Especially towards the end of the month......


But oh my......when I'm finished, I will feel like this:


And when I send my Nano book to my editor, I will feel like this:


I can do this. I know I can.

What are you doing this month?

xxoo
Brooke

1 comment: