Monday, June 1, 2015

Gratitude Challenge, week 24.....

This week's prompt? (Oh, how I love this weeks...)

A book I've learned from.

Squeee! Love this one.

Actually, it's sort of difficult. Because honestly, I've learned from lots of books. Like...lots of books. Here are just a few of them:











Yeah. I told you. Lots.

But I would say this is the one that has had the most profound effect on me. At least in the last few years. When I read this, we'd very recently lost our daughter. And though our two stories aren't remotely similar...the author's experience profoundly touched me. If she could get through what she'd been put through, surely I could get through my loss. If her mother could survive her pain, surely I would survive mine. Her spiritual strength and faith were moving, and I strive to have faith like that in my own life.



I want to be like this woman. Which, I'm sure she would hate. (she seems to hate media attention--who can blame her?) But I do.

Anyhoo...this is the book I've learned from recently.

Buy it. You'll thank me.


No comments:

Post a Comment