Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Gratitude challenge week 21...

This week's prompt is...

Things I like about summer.

Oh, summertime, our relationship has been complex over the past 39 years....

I was overweight for years. Summertime was awful. I would sweat and get faint all the time, and got rashes in weird spots from the moisture on my skin, and the heat around my body. It was embarrassing and gross. I hated summer.

But then I lost 100 pounds. And then I spent the summer moving and playing and going places and enjoying the heat....especially since I was no longer suffering from heat stroke and excessive sweating.

But there are a lot of other things to enjoy about summertime, too.....here are a few of my faves:

1.) Camping. (We camper camp. Don't hate it unless you've tried it. It ROCKS...especially for a fair-weather camper like me.)



2.) Nectarines and watermelon.




3.) The smell of fresh cut grass, and rain on the horizon. (Growing up in Fairfield, I learned how to detect rain just with the use of my nose.)



4.) Priest Lake. (Google it....it's my own personal heaven on earth.)



5.) Sunflowers and daisies.



What do YOU like about summertime?

xxoo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment