Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gratitude challenge week 19...

Sorry I missed last week. Living without internet or cell phones for the past few weeks while we got settled in South Korea was rough. I am well aware that billions of people live without so much more than just internet and cell phones, so don't come down on me. But man oh man, I felt so isolated and disconnected. It sucked.

But now I'm back.

And this week's prompt is: Health.

You know, this is one of those things I take for granted until I am in poor health, and then I realize how grateful I am for health.

Watching my mom age, and struggle with her health (mobility wise) is hard. I know that I'll get to that point eventually, and it scares me. It makes me sad to watch my mom, who used to be spry and active, struggle to do even the most mundane things, like walk to get her mail sometimes. That makes me extremely grateful for my legs, and how easily they move and walk and run.

I am also grateful for my new stomach, and the health it affords me. I've lost 100 pounds, kicked pre diabetes to the curb, told neuropathy to suck it, and decided to live to meet my grandkids. And I'm so grateful for that. I really am.

What health benefits are you grateful for??

xxoo
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment