Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One year ago today...

Happy One Year Anniversary!!



I took a major step towards freedom from major health issues. It's been 12 months since I embarked on a journey that has proven to be one of the most difficult things I think I'll ever do. 95 pounds later, and I am 100% diabetes free, free from neuropathy issues, free from sleep apnea, free from body dysmorphia, and free from a handful of other health issues because of my weight.

I'm free.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet....I'll never be out of the woods completely. Obesity and food addiction are bitter, fickle beasts and they don't give up their victims easily. Every day my addiction niggles at the back of my brain, and I have to fight back with every ounce of strength I have. I will have to work at this for the rest of my life, and I know it. But...for the first time in 15 years, I'm happy with my body. Sure, there are things I'd like to improve. I've still got a belly. I probably will forever. And I have wrinkles sprouting up all over the freaking place. That sucks. But overall...I'm pleased. And it's been a long time (possibly 38 years) since I've been able to say that. 

It feels so lovely. 

So.......

To celebrate my incredible journey, I've posted some pictures of where I was then and where I am now. I hope you enjoy them. I sure do! 









My my my my my...how things have changed:







"She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong." Proverbs 31:17

"You satisfy me more than the richest of foods." Psalms 63:5

I wouldn't dream to say that having weight loss surgery is right for everyone. I know people who have done it, and then didn't change their lifestyle, and it didn't do them a darn bit of good. I also know people who conquered their food addiction through pure willpower. I only know that it was right for me, and that my life is better for having done it. I'm so grateful for the chance I've given myself to live a longer, stronger, healthier life. I will be grateful for the rest of my life, especially when I am rocking grandbabies that I might otherwise not have met. 

One year down....I'll post more pictures in 365 more days! Happy 1 Year Anniversary, me!

xxoo 
Brooke 

No comments:

Post a Comment