Thursday, September 4, 2014

I love Posey and Drew...

Have you read my contemporary young adult novel, The Art of Being Indifferent, yet?



Yeah. I love this book. I wrote it at a time when I desperately needed to tell a story about a foster kid, mostly to heal my own heart. Posey Briggs was a character that cut straight through my heart, and her adoptive family was one that I wished I were a part of. Oh, how I love them.

Know what else I love? Broody, romantic stories about first love. In The Art of Being Indifferent, Posey is about to turn eighteen, thus meaning she is about to age out of the foster care system, and Drew Baxter is the handsome, athletic son of the town mayor. Posey is a social reject, and Drew rules the school. When they're paired together for a tutoring project by a teacher who sees through BOTH of their hard exteriors...magic happens. Posey's defenses go down, and Drew's facade crumbles. They not only discover that they have abusive parents in common, but also discover that they're utterly made for each other.

Want to know how I pictured Posey?



Yeah. Beautiful but dark and peculiar.

And what about Drew?



Yup. Handsome, athletic, and "hometown Golden Boy" like.

The Art of Being Indifferent is on sale now (ebook) for just $1.99. CLICK HERE TO GRAB YOUR COPY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment