Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Geez. My hair is SHAWT.

So I recently started wearing my natural hair again.



(Those who follow me, know that I wore wigs for about 7 months this year, and that I am struggling with some alopecia for varied reasons. I.e. weight loss, stress, etc...but the good news is, it's growing back!)

And wow. Just...wow. It's short.

My whole life I've wanted to rock a short pixie cut, a'la Winona Ryder.



Unfortunately, I always felt too heavy for that haircut. Oh, and I'm also definitely not Winona Ryder....I don't shoplift, and I'm also not as gorgeous as she is. So now that I am 95 pounds lighter, I feel more confident rocking the super short hairstyle of of dreams.

Well......that is, until I started wearing it.



Now, don't get me wrong, it's cute. My hairdresser is a Godsend, and she's got skills. But I am reeling, because this cut is so incredibly short. It's taking some getting used to. I feel very self-conscious most of the time, despite its cuteness.

And for some reason, it makes my neck look about two or three inches too long.



Here's hoping it grows quickly. And thank goodness for headbands and flowers. I'm feeling a serious need to prove my femininity right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment