Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blog challenge day 9!

Hooray! I've made it to day 9! Go, me!!

Today's topic is: My favorite thing to do right now.

Oh, how I love this topic. Mostly because it's easy to write about. My favorite thing to do right now is this: Glamping.




Actually, I call it camping, but my fifteen year old son, who is quite the little outdoorsman, considers trailer camping at KOA's with hot tubs and a television "glamping". Whatever. Call it what you will.

But I'm having a ball with my husband and children. We talk, sing, eat healthy food cooked over an open fire, make s'mores, and play together. AND...I'm not forced to poop in the woods. Which I find incredibly barbaric, if we're being honest here. Tons of family time, and a toilet. What could be better??

After we lost our daughter last fall, I went into a dark place. It took me a long, long time to come out of it. But one of the things that helped me resurface in the pool of grief was the promise that my sweet husband and I made to spend every second with our remaining four children to create as many family memories as humanly possible. And dang it, I intend to do just that.

Glamping. Who knew? :)

P.S. You know who else is making plenty of family memories as a single mother of three children? Candace...from book 3 in the This & That Series, Then & Now. Check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. Unless you're paying $1k+ a day to stay at Paws Up down the highway a ways from me it's not glamping. lol Seriously though... who can afford that?

    Maybe this is what I should do for my hubs... plan a campout at the local KOA for an overnight date-night. Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

    ReplyDelete