Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blog challenge day 13!

I'm so proud that I've made it this far in the blog challenge. Frankly, I thought I would poop out by now. Especially with how busy I am doing the day job these days. (I just became a cheerleading coach--which is one of my dream jobs, I'll have you know--and I am spinning in circles trying to get everyone ready for cheer camp. Go, me, go!)

So today's topic is a fun one. It is: Someone I've always wanted to meet.

Oh, my. I have so many people I'd like to meet. And it changes daily! True story. I guess I'll go with the few people who have been on my list for years, and who never drop off of the list. That seems like a good starting point, wouldn't you say?

So the first person is....

Steven Tyler.



Oh, holy crap. So I know he's my father's age, and that he sort of looks like an old leather jacket that was left out in the rain and sun for about a decade, but....he's so fantastic. Have you ever seen Aerosmith live? If not, you're doing yourself a disservice. They're phenomenal, and this dude oozes blatant sexuality. And it doesn't matter what he looks like, it's all about the charisma. And Steven Tyler's got it in spades. True story.

The second person is....

Gilda Radner.



So...I know she's going to be a hard person to meet for lunch, beings she's dead, and all. But it's my blog, so I get to do what I want. So there. The truth is, I was obsessed with Gilda when I was a kid. My parents would let me watch old taped episodes of SNL, and I would try to impersonate her characters and skits. When she battled cancer, I was just a little girl, but I remember thinking she looked like my Aunt Jane, and how much that made me like her more. I've read all the biographies (and her autobiography) about Gilda, and never tire of watching her movies and shows. I'm a super fan, I guess.

And the third person is...

Stephenie Meyer.



So here's the deal: we've all read the books, and we've all seen the movies. And it's no secret here on the Brooke Moss blog, that I think more highly of her sci-fi novel, The Host, than I do of the Twilight Saga. (Though that Robert Pattinson was a tasty treat, I will admit.) And as an author who had to suffer through well over 130 rejections in my journey to being published, it irks me that she was able to bang out a book based on a funky dream that turned into a giant phenomenon that led to a billion dollar cash cow. But I still want to meet her. And here's why: 1.) she was a mom like me, who had a dream. This appeals to me. I like other mom's who want more than just the kids and the aprons. I am never satisfied with "enough." Enough is never enough to me. 2.) she is laughing all the way to the bank. I want to know how to laugh all the way to the bank, too. Usually I cry and bite my nails all the way to the bank. I want to feast on her knowledge. I want to listen to her advice on how to get my big break. I've had my break, but not my BIG break, and I've got myself convinced she could tell me how to get it. And 3.) she goes to the same church as me. I like talking to other LDS women, because we never give each other weird looks for not ordering wine with dinner, and we all wear shirts with sleeves and knee length shorts. This appeals to me. Sometimes it's exhausting to explain my beliefs to other people. Though I usually don't mind. But above all else, talking with fellow LDS authors is one of my favorite things to do. I feel like we should have a club. With a secret handshake. I'm just sayin...

So that's my list. Who would you like to meet?

P.S. Guess who Luna Prosser meets in my Fantasy Young Adult Novel, Underwater? She meets a Mer who lives in the lake in her backyard. Freaking cool, right? Grab a copy RIGHT HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment