Monday, June 16, 2014

Blog challenge day 11!

Eleven days in....and I'm still going. Holla.

So today's blog topic is: something unusual.

Again, this topic is vague. Well, I guess it's not vague. It's just big. I can talk about unusual people, unusual habits, unusual things to do, unusual food, unusual style....so much unusual in the world to go around. Have any of you noticed how much unusual is out there nowadays?



Me, too.

So I've decided to focus on unusual people. I love unusual people. I am an unusual person. I prefer second hand shopping, and would rather punch myself in the face than go to the mall. I wear a different  pair of glasses every day because I thrive on variety. I'm nearly bald and wear wigs. I listen to Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, and The Beatles with Lady Gaga mixed in for variety. I never polish my fingernails or toenails, and never, ever tan. I drive an orange scooter, and write romance novels for a living. I love live theater, but actually being in plays gives me a stomachache and heart palpitations. I'm loud when I should be quiet, and quiet when people need me to be loud. I'm unapologetically me.

You see, far too often people are expected to conform. To fit in, or step aside. And I disagree. I happen to be a part of a church community that is often (and wrongly) assumed to be very conservative and judgmental. This is not the case. The truth is, I am incredibly different from most of the people I go to church with. And I am 100% accepted. That's priceless to me.

P.S. You know who is learning to be unapologetically herself? Candace Chang of Then & Now. Grab a copy of book 3 in the This & That Series for just $2.99 today!


No comments:

Post a Comment