Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hello 160's.

I haven't weighed in the 160's since the mid to late nineties. The last nine months have been filled with some of the worst, most agonizing grief and emotional turmoil that I've ever felt, and some of the hardest work I've ever done.

Getting healthy, feeling better (physically) than I have in 15 years, recovering from major health issues, moving more, working out & exercising, fitting into sizes I haven't seen since my late teens, and joining my kids in physical activities that I've literally never done before....

All of these things add up to the reasons why I am so glad and grateful that I decided to have weight loss surgery, and change my life. I am determined to make this a lifelong change. I am determined to enjoy my years with my four remaining children. I am determined to live a long, healthy, and active life. Moving around, doing things, and being active feels 10 bazillion times better than sitting around and watching life go on without me.

My husband snapped this picture last Saturday. I was shocked by how small and young I looked. I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I see a woman who is almost 40, covered in wrinkles, hiding her bald head under a wig, and who still has a big tummy that needs so much toning, it's not even funny. I don't see *this* person. My husband does, though. My kids do, too. I guess that's all that matters. :)


I'm just grateful I can have moments like this with my kids. A year ago, and I wouldn't have been able to fit into a booth. No, really.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, you look great! Congratulations and keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to all us chubby girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Jenny McCarthy now!

    ReplyDelete