Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ten things I like today.......ten things I hate.

In case you're new to the Brooke Moss world...I figured I'd share my innermost secrets. First off, ten things I like (today).

1.) Mio Peach Mango drops for my water. Because I'm off pop now, and can't drink cocoa because sugar makes me sick, so here I am.....drinking *sigh* water.

2.) Kristan Higgins' latest, The Perfect Match. Super cute story. Even cuter hero. Yum.

3.) Pomegranates. Now that I know how to deseed these things, I'm eating them twice a day. Love.

4.)  My CP & CP/editor friends, Jess and Meggan. Two classy chicks who can write like hell, and handle a critique. I dig them both mucho.

5.) Elvis music. I don't know why. Probably because I'm weird, but whatever. You know who else dug Elvis music? Lexie and Fletcher. Just sayin...

6.) Pinterest. Otherwise known as the vicious time-suck black hole that I play with on my iPhone when I should be sleeping.

7.) Our new travel trailer. This bastard is big, and we're going to make family memories with it all spring and summer next year. My poor children will choke on the memories.

8.) Chandeliers. If I had my way, I would hang one in every room. I like to think of myself as fancy. But really, I'm not.

9.) My new Christmas socks. They're striped with green pom poms. Have I ever mentioned how much I love a new pair of socks? I even wrote that trait into a character, Charlotte from The Carny. You should read it sometime. Its numbers are shameful. I consider it my hidden gem.

10.) My kids. I really like them, even though they exhaust me. I wish I still had all of them (there's that nasty grief thing popping up at inopportune times) but I was thinking the other day about how deeply my devotion to my kids runs. I would literally lay down in traffic for them. I think every kid deserves that. But not all of them get it.

Ten things I hate: (Because this list is way more fun)

1.) I hate losing things. This is literally my hot button. If I can't find a shoe or a book or my keys, I go ballistic. It's a sad trait of mine.

2.) I hate struggling with my weight. Honestly, I've been overweight my entire adult life, and it sucks. I think I've found a solution, though, and I've got some pretty spectacular doctors & nurses behind me, so hopefully this will turn around soon.

2.) I hate deadbeat parents. Between my own personal struggles, watching loved ones struggle with this, and working with the foster care system, I am OVER deadbeat parents. Over it. Absolutely zero patience with this.

3.) Taxidermy. I know, I know, I'm from Washington state. This fact alone means I am surrounded by people who hunt and fish all the time. But I can't help it. If I go into a business or home with a dead animal mounted on their wall, I feel like I want to throw up. Seriously. Heebie. Freaking. Jeebies. I'm sorry.

4.) Martyrs. If you got a problem, guess what? So does everybody else. Go deal with it. If I have to put on my big girl panties, so does everyone else. Well, not my panties, per say, but their own set of big girl/big boy panties.

5.) Cats. I loathe cats. If I breath the tiniest bit of their dander, I am in agony for days. It's so bad that I actually have to carry benadryl with me wherever I go, in case of an attack. I hate these vile creatures.

6.) McDonald's. My six year old is having his 7th birthday party at McDonald's this year (his choice--we tried to talk him into Chuck E. Cheese), and I feel like I want to dry heave whenever I think about it. McDonald's food reminds me of being in my early twenties, cruising Seaside Oregon with friends, chain smoking Marlboro Menthols, then counting our pennies for a midnight run to Micky D's. Blech.

7.) The people who stole away our daughter, and lowered her quality of life. Bastards, the lot of them. I hope they all fall off a cliff. True story.

8.) Duck Dynasty. I don't get it. My kids think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and I cannot wrap my brain around it. Now they're everywhere. They're all over Target, Walmart, every white trash grocery store from here to Timbuktu...and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why.

9.) Being seen in public with bad hair. I don't even think I need an explanation for this one. It's self explanatory. I see women who don't do anything (no color, no trim, no highlights, no style, no nothing) with their locks, and I want to punch them. Or give them a makeover. One of the two.

10.) Black Friday. Do I want to stand in line for 2 hours--or longer--in order to score an electric blanket for only 5 bucks? No. I'd rather pay five times that amount on Amazon, and have them ship it to my house for free. Bam. Boom. That just happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment