Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloweenie.

I took my kids Trick-or-Treating last night, and was reminded of one major detail:

I am a halloweenie.



I was cold. My feet hurt. I worried about my kids being cold, tired, hungry, ornery, and getting lost in the madhouse that was our dream neighborhood (because we take our kids trick-or-treating in the neighborhood we someday hope to live---a detail that taught me when we live there, we are leaving the porch lights off on Halloween. Freaking madhouse.)

At one point, I was actually nearly crying because I thought I'd lost my 6 year old "caveman" in a crowd of about 15 kids clambering for full size Twix bars.

I mean, who could blame the kids for clambering....full size Twix bars. Seriously.



But still.

The good news is, I only ate three pumpkin cookies and one small butterfinger bar. I know, I know, that might seem like a lot to some, but I'm sort of a chub--and I likes me some Halloween treats. I was feeling proud of myself when I went to bed without mainlining some melted down Crunch bars.

The bad news is, I didn't sleep a wink last night, so I woke up rummy and loopy. I've been stumbling around like I'm hammered all morning. Hint: I don't drink or use drugs. No, not even pot. And yes, I'm from Washington State. So sue me.



Needless to say, I took a small nap this morning. Now it's back to writing.

BTW, I finished reading this book today:



I love Tori Spelling's books. She's so self-deprecating and honest. A breath of fresh air in Hollywood. I always want her to succeed. And if someone can make me want them to succeed, even knowing they grew up in Spelling Manor while I sit in my dumpy house...more power to them. Grab a copy of this book, and her others. It will make you laugh, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment