Friday, August 2, 2013

Grab UNDERWATER now!!

Hip, hip hooray!!

Underwater is officially available for purchase! Check it out here: ETOPIA PRESS.

This is my first YA, and to make it extra fancy pants, it is a fantasy. No kidding! I'd had a story about mer folk brewing in my mind for a while before I put pen to paper (or fingers to laptop) so this was a purely experimental book. The good news is, my incredible friend and CP, Rachel Firasek, was also an editor with eTopia Press, and she helped to get me signed.

When I sat down to write this book, I decided to base it at a nearby lake that terrifies me. No really, it does. It's over 1200 feet deep and nobody really knows what the crap is at the bottom of it, so whenever we go there, I am petrified of drowning. Or losing my wedding ring. Or drowning. Or losing a kid. Or drowning. Or losing a shoe or my iPad mini in the water. Or drowning. Basing this story in the Sandpoint/Pend Oreille area just came naturally to this colossal chicken...

I am especially proud of the heroines of this book. They're two sisters named Luna and Evey, and they're loosely based on my nieces, Ryann and Eedy, who are about as wonderful as two nieces can get. It was my honor to base these characters on two kids that mean the universe to me. :)

Plus....Luna and Saxon. Le sigh. Oh, how very much they love each other, and how much the belong together, even if they are from two different species, and the odds are stacked up against them. I'm excited to share their story with you. I hope you like it.



Here is what Underwater is all about....


The secrets of Pend Oreille are best left beneath the surface…

After being partially paralyzed in a car accident, wheelchair-bound Luna Prosser is struggling to keep her head above water. Fighting for independence from her over-protective parents and determined to seem normal as she wheels down the halls of her high school, Luna can’t believe the hot new guy on campus actually talks to her—and looks at her with more than just pity in his haunted, aquamarine eyes. But Luna has no idea how different Saxon really is, or what responsibilities he faces. For there are secrets in the dark waters of Pend Oreille—secrets that could drown them both…




1 comment:

  1. That's such a lovely cover, Brooke! And it sounds wonderful too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete