Saturday, March 23, 2013

From 5 to 6....

As many of you know, I'm not just an author, but I'm also a biological/foster/adoptive mother....

(Which is why I put my books out so slowly. Have you ever tried to write, edit, & promote a book with five kids running around? Yeah. Not so simple.)

Well, this week we took the leap from five children to six. Now we've got a 13 yr old, an 11 yr old, a 6 yr old, a 4 yr old, a 2.5 yr old, and an 18 month old. We're hoping to adopt one of our foster children someday, but the other will likely return to her bio family someday, so we're going to enjoy her while we can.

Yeah. Truly. It's organized chaos around here.

But when you're changing the lives of kids who would have otherwise had an awful life...it's honestly worth it. I might put books out slowly...but so help me, these little monsters are the reason I was put on this earth. Love them. Nothing I've ever done in my 36 years (including becoming a published author) has ever felt as gratifying as becoming a foster parent. Hands down.

Have you ever considered becoming a foster parent? Check out this website: http://www.fosterparenting.com or drop me an email sometime if you have questions. brooke@brookemoss.com

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment