Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Liebster Award!


I had the pleasure of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Debbie Peterson. Debbie’s book, Shadow of the Witte Wieven is a great book and one that I really enjoyed!



So how does the Liebster Award work? Here are the rules:


Thank the person who nominated you (Thanks so much, Debbie!).
Post eleven random facts about yourself. Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you. Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.

Sounds like fun!

So, here we go:

Random Facts:

1. I was once asked to be on the Maury Povich show. I declined, and I'm SO grateful that I did. And no...the topic was not "Who's my baby daddy?"

2. I am a foster mother, and tend to think everyone could do what I'm doing if they just got over themselves. The explanation, "Oh, I could never give a child back" means nothing to me. Every parent runs the risk of losing one of their children, whether it be in an accident, or to illness. That doesn't stop them from loving that child. That's all foster parenting is. Loving without reservation.

3. I was in a musical this past fall, and so help me, I've never been more uncomfortable or embarrassed in my life. I probably won't do it again. It was literally mortifying. 

4. I am on my fourth published book, with a fifth coming up soon, and my husband is still on page 11 of my first book. I don't get upset, though (I used too) because he is amazing in so many other ways. Besides, the guy reads the owners manual to the microwave for entertainment. What can I expect?

5. I spent all of my summers at a fine arts camp called Camp Spalding, and I still have dreams where I am back there, singing, dancing, and such. I experienced a ton of firsts there. It was a key part of my youth, and I wish my kids could experience what I did.

6. I hate hunting, fur, taxidermy, and anything else that exploits and abuses animals. I have no problem with people eating meat, per say, but hanging that animals head on your wall, or posting a bloody picture of it in the back of your truck on Facebook to brag about having killed one of God's creatures? Shameful. 

7. I always knew I would have a large family, and that I would be a mother to both biological and adopted children. I remember knowing this at an age as young as eight or nine.   

8.  I do most of my shopping in used stores, and live to mix and match all of my odd pieces. Most people think I dress like a nut, but when I wear bright colors, crazy patterns, and wild scarves in my hair, I feel beautiful. And isn't that what it's all about?

9. I collect owl knick knacks for widsom, and bluebird knick knacks for happiness. And I'm really superstitious about them. 

10. I love Tom Hanks movies, and can quote most of them verbatim. Even the serious ones. It's a weird habit of mine. 

11. Like Debbie, I've seen a ghost. I saw my grandmother in my house a few years ago. It didn't scare me. But it sure as heck prompted me to dust her China more often.

Now it's time for Debbie's questions:

1. Who is your favorite author?
Um, that would be obvious....Kristan Higgins! I'm her stalker, duh. :)

2. Throughout all history who would you most like to interview and why?
Gilda Radner. Because she was a complete kick in the pants, and a helluva strong woman, too. 

3. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
It would be the state of the child welfare system. I would give them more resources, more training, and more manpower. And I would somehow make it not effect the national debt. Don't ask me how I'll make that happen....

4. What book has most influenced your life?
Silas Marner, by George Eliot

5. What paranormal character would you most like to encounter?
Saxon. The Mer from my upcoming YA, Underwater. Here's why....he's hot, he's sweet, he can kick butt, and he's a freaking MER, for pete's sake! Awesome.

6. Why?
Oh, whoops. I already answered that.

7. What paranormal character would you most like to avoid?
Edward Cullen.

8. Why?
Because anyone with a hard, cold, sparkly unit sort of freaks me out.

9. What was your most difficult subject in school?
Math. Oh Lord, I've got the sweats just thinking about it.

10. What was your favorite ?
Art. 

11. If you could choose any time period to live in other than your own, what would it be and why?
the 1950's. Because the clothes and cars rocked. :)

Now...what questions do I want the authors I nominate to answer?

1. Who is on your auto-buy list?
2. What celebrity would you like to make out with right now?
3. What is your worst personality flaw?
4. What restaurant anywhere in the world would you love to eat in, and why?
5. What is your personal motto?
6. What three words best describe your personality?
7. What was your worst nightmare about?
8. What three songs are the most played on you iPod (or the like) right now?
9. If you could go anywhere with your significant other this weekend, where would it be?
10. If they made a reality show about you, what would it be called?
11. If you could choose any time period to live in other than your own, what would it be and why?
And for all of you taking the time to read this post...THANKS... and tell me what book character you would most like to encounter...and avoid...

3 comments:

  1. Silas Marner? I love you but that is insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you now wearing a poodle skirt and black and white oxfords... You go girl! I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two months later, I've finished my questions and made new ones for 11 writers. How do I do this and do you want the answers to my questions or could you care less?
    Kim

    ReplyDelete